The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to providing the answers and information you need to best serve your financial institution in its use of our products. From operational questions to general information about the Fed, FRBservices.orgSM has a variety of useful Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) pages to make your job easier and to help you learn something new!

Browse the links below to find FAQs based on your service area:

Check out the following examples of some questions and answers from our variety of service areas.

Q: Who should have Account Management Information (AMI) access?

A: Staff members who perform account management, cash management and accounting and billing reconcilement functions should have access to AMI.

Q: How do I purchase/obtain a supply of shredded currency?

A: Federal Reserve Banks may distribute small packages of the currency residue to visitors and other members of the public in connection with Bank tours and other information and public relations programs. It can also be purchased in larger quantities from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (Off-site).

Q: How can I learn more about the ISO 20022 implementation for the Fedwire Funds Service?

A: The Federal Reserve Banks have designed an educational outreach program to increase awareness of their ISO 20022 initiative for the Fedwire Funds Service and the changes it will bring. You can view the webinar recordings under the Educational Event Summaries and Recordings section to learn more about this project.

Q: Why did the Federal Reserve Banks decide to charge a quality fee to process certain check adjustments?

A: Quality fees are designed to encourage greater efficiency through proper case submission and improved deposit practices.

Q: How should I proceed if my organization needs to set up Reporting Central access for individuals who are located outside the United States or its territories?

A: The Reporting Central Foreign Electronic Access Process facilitates requests for Reporting Central access by a Subscriber or End User Authorization Contact (EUAC) located outside the United States or its territories. While individuals in a foreign location will still access Reporting Central via the FedLine Web® Solution, the process for requesting and obtaining access is different than that required for domestic individuals and requires additional Subscriber validations and associated forms. This process is designed to help ensure compliance with foreign laws and regulations. Please contact the Customer Contact Center for more information on this process.

Still feeling curious? You can also check out the Federal Reserve Board of Governors’ FAQs page (Off-site) to find out more about what the Fed does.


“ISO” is a registered service mark of the International Organization for Standardization.